CWNA® – Certified Wireless Network Administrator
The CWNA certification is the foundation level enterprise Wi-Fi certification for the CWNP Program, and CWNA is required for your CWSP and CWNE certifications. Your CWNA certification will get you started in your wireless career by ensuring you have the skills to successfully survey, install, and administer enterprise Wi-Fi networks.
The CWNA exam was updated to PW0-106 on July 1, 2014. The old version of the CWNA exam, PW0-105 has been retired with June 30, 2014 being the last day the PW0-105 test could be taken. For more information, click CWNA exam (PW0-106) to view the CWNA – 106 Exam objectives. To see what’s changed from the PW0-105 exam, see the 105 Exam to the 106 Exam changes.
About the CWNA Certification
- To earn the CWNA certification, you must pass 1 exam: PW0-106
- Download the PW0-106 exam objectives (PDF)
- The NEW CWNA Exam PW0-106 is now available at all Pearson VUE testing centers. Exam vouchers for PW0-106 are now available and are included along with the official CWNA practice test in student kits when attending the CWNA Enterprise Wi-Fi Administration course.
- The official CWNA training class, Enterprise Wi-Fi Fundamentals, is available in Australia through SpectroTech only. View the Enterprise Wi-Fi Administration course outline.
CWNA (PW0-106) Exam Summary
- Exam Number: PW0-106
- Cost: $175.00 U.S.
- Availability: Register at Pearson VUE
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Questions: 60
- Question Types: Multiple choice / multiple answer
- Passing Score: 70% (80% for Instructors)
- Available Languages: English
The main subject areas covered by CWNA
- Radio Frequency (RF) Technologies
- Antenna Concepts
- Wireless LAN Hardware and Software
- Network Design, Installation, and Management
- Wireless Standards and Organizations
- 802.11 Network Architecture
- Wireless LAN Security
- How to Perform Site Surveys
However you choose to prepare for the CWNA exam, you should start with the CWNA exam objectives, which cover the full list of skills tested on the exam.
NOTE: During the exam, you are not allowed to mark a question to return to that question, nor are you allowed to go back to any question on the exam once you have answered that question.
CWNP Authorized Materials Use Policy
CWNP does not condone the use of unauthorized ‘training materials’, aka ‘brain dumps’. Individuals who utilize such materials to pass CWNP exams will have their certifications revoked. In an effort to more clearly communicate CWNP’s policy on use of unauthorized study materials, CWNP directs all certification candidates to the CWNP Candidate Conduct Policy. Please review this policy before beginning the study process for any CWNP exam. Candidates will be required to state that they understand and have abided by this policy at the time of exam delivery.