Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals Course
Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals (ACF) Instructor Led Training (ILT)
Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals Course Overview
The Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals course prepares participants with foundational skills in Network Access Control using the ClearPass product portfolio. This 3-day course includes both instructional modules and hands-on labs to lead participants through the implementation and configuration of a ClearPass Network Access Control solution. This course is the first of two sections in the complete ClearPass Essential course, and is designed to build the learner’s foundational knowledge in authentication and access control using ClearPass. The complete ClearPass Essentials course is available in a 5-day course. This course is primarily focused on ClearPass fundamentals, but provides the basics on the device configuration required when considering the interaction between the Network Access Control Device and ClearPass.
- Related Certifications: Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate (ACCA)
- Price: $3,084.00 (ex) Contact us for Aruba partner and customer discounts.
- SpectroTech also accepts Aruba Training Credits and Vouchers.
- Duration: 3 days, Classroom – Instructor Led Training (ILT) and virtual Instructor Led Training (vILT)
- Availability: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide and virtual. Onsite (customer premises) available for minimum 6 people.
- Skill Level: Foundational
Who is this course suited to?
The Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals course is suited to network administrators who are looking to build their foundational knowledge of the ClearPass product portfolio. This course would be beneficial for customers who are seeking greater knowledge of the ClearPass product that they have purchased. Aruba recommends that students have at least an understanding of basic access layer networking, the function of ACLs and firewall rules. The course is also suited to those looking to achieve the Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate (ACCA) certification.
Introduction to ClearPass
- Basic Concepts of Network Access Control
- ClearPass Use Cases
Authentication, Authorisation, Accounting
- Authentication Basics
- Multi-Level Client Authorisation
- Radius Accounting
- Configuration of Authentication Sources Including LDAP and Active Directory
- Configuring Network Access Devices
- Configuring Email Messaging Servers
- Aruba Security Exchange Integration
- Integration with Enterprise Mobile Managers
- Device Type Indentification
- Profiling Collectors
Roles and Enforcement
- Introduction to Services
- Implementation of Enforcement Logic
- ClearPass Role Assignment
- Service Selection Logic
- Implementation of Effective Services in ClearPass
- Wired Access Control
- Enforcement on Wired Networks
- Endpoint Profiling on Wired Networks
Configuring Web Services
- Custom Web Content
- ClearPass Skins Web Templates
- Custom Informational Webpages
Introduction to Guest
- Guest Access with Captive Portal
- Web-Based Authentication
- Guest Access with MAC Caching
- Guest Account Management
Guest Access with Self Registration
- The Self-Service Guest Access Experience
- Configuring a Self-Registration Portal
- Configuring Self-Registration with Internal Sponsorship
After you successfully complete this course, attendees will be able to:
- Setup ClearPass as a AAA server
- Configure authentication sources including integrating with Microsoft Active Directory
- Build effective access enforcement policies
- Understand and troubleshoot 802.1X access services
- Configure custom informational webpages
- Configure a personalised guest access solution including, simple web logins as well as self-service guest access
- Understand how to configure a simple wired access solution using ClearPass.