CWSP® – Certified Wireless Security Professional
The CWSP certification is a professional level wireless LAN certification for the CWNP Program. The CWSP certification will advance your career by ensuring you have the skills to successfully secure enterprise Wi-Fi networks from hackers, no matter which brand of Wi-Fi gear your organization deploys.
The Certification Magazine annual salary survey results for CWSP show a consistent annual increase in the average salary for CWSPs since 2005.
About the CWSP Certification
- To earn the CWSP certification, you must pass 2 exams: PW0-105 (CWNA) and PW0-204 (CWSP)
- Download the CWSP PW0-204 exam objectives (PDF)
- Exam PW0-204 is available at all Pearson VUE testing centers
- The CWSP training class, Enterprise Wi-Fi Security, is available in Australia through SpectroTech only. View the Enterprise Wi-Fi Security course outline
CWSP (PW0-204) Exam Summary
- Exam Number: PW0-204
- Cost: $225.00 U.S.
- Availability: Register at Pearson VUE
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Questions: 60
- Question Types: Multiple choice / multiple answer
- Passing Score: 70% (80% for Instructors)
- Available Languages: English
The main subject areas covered by CWSP
- WLAN Discovery Techniques
- Intrusion and Attack Techniques
- 802.11 Protocol Analysis
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS) Implementation
- Layer 2 and 3 VPNs used over 802.11 networks
- Enterprise/SMB/SOHO/Public-Network Security design models
- Managed Endpoint Security Systems802.11 Authentication and Key Management Protocols
- Enterprise/SMB/SOHO/Public-Network Security Solution Implmentation
- Building Robust Security Networks from the ground up
- Fast BSS Transition (aka. Fast/Secure Roaming) Techniques
- Thorough coverage of all 802.1X/EAP types used in WLANs
- Wireless LAN Management Systems (WNMS)
- Authentication Infrastructure Design Models
- Using Secure Applications
- 802.11 Design Architectures
- Implementing a Thorough Wireless Security Policy
However you choose to prepare for the CWSP exam, you should start with the exam objectives, which cover the full list of skills tested on the exam.
NOTE: During the exam, you are not allowed to mark a question to return to that question, nor are you allowed to go back to any question on the exam once you have answered that question.
CWNP Authorized Materials Use Policy
CWNP does not condone the use of unauthorized ‘training materials’, aka ‘brain dumps’. Individuals who utilize such materials to pass CWNP exams will have their certifications revoked. In an effort to more clearly communicate CWNP’s policy on use of unauthorized study materials, CWNP directs all certification candidates to the CWNP Candidate Conduct Policy. Please review this policy before beginning the study process for any CWNP exam. Candidates will be required to state that they understand and have abided by this policy at the time of exam delivery.