ECSE – Ekahau Certified Survey Engineer
The Ekahau Certified Survey Engineer (ECSE) course, hosted by SpectroTech within Australia, throughout Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne, provides instructor-led classroom lectures and intensive hands-on labs on all aspects of Wi-Fi life cycle management. This includes:
- Wireless LAN and radio frequency (RF) fundamentals
- Predictive designs (including practical labs using Ekahau WiFi Planner)
- Pre- and post-deployment site surveys
- Troubleshooting of Wi-Fi issues
- Spectrum (interference) analysis (including labs using Ekahau Spectrum Analyzer)
After the course, students will take the ECSE certification exam.
This ECSE course and certification are designed for Wi-Fi systems engineers, IT administrators, and others working with WiFi, who require an in-depth knowledge on how to deploy and maintain Wi-Fi networks using Ekahau Wi-Fi tools such as Ekahau Site Survey and Planner, and Ekahau Spectrum Analyzer. Classes are open to SpectroTech channel partners, resellers, and end-user customers throughout Australia and New Zealand, and of course international students are welcome.
Students are expected to have the following skills & knowledge before attending this Ekahau course:
- Basics of networking
- Strong general computer skills
- CWNA recommended (Not required)
- Windows laptop with Admin rights for installing software – Macbook with Boot Camp is OK as well – Some exercises will work better with a mouse
- Sense of humour is recommended but not mandatory
Ekahau Certified Survey Engineer Course Content
- Wireless LAN and RF fundamentals
- The life cycle of a Wi-Fi network
- How to design and deploy robust Wi-Fi networks
- Product installation & activation, basics
- Pre- and post deployment Wi-Fi site surveys
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues
- Spectrum Analysis
- ECSE Certification Exam
At the end of the course the student will hold expert knowledge in designing, deploying and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks, using Ekahau Wi-Fi tools. The knowledge applies to all Wi-Fi network brands. A certification exam will be held at the end of the course.
Keith R. Parsons
Managing Director, WLAN Pros
Keith has been teaching and designing Wi-Fi networks for a decade, with deployments from above the arctic circle to Antarctica. Over 3,000 engineers have learned how to apply RF principles and design methodologies to improve their WLANs, from Keith.
Information and Registration
For schedules, locations and additional information, visit here
Event ID: OV-EKHU-OC-0515-1
BICSI CECs Awarded: 13 BICSI CECs